IOXperts Video 1.1b43 posted (finally!)

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Thu Feb 3 11:58:02 EST 2005

At 4:30 PM +0000 2/3/05, Barney Hilken wrote:
>Ok, I got a better picture out of the ToUCam by turning both the
>brightness and gamma to about 90%. Perhaps the defaults need
>tweaking?

Actually, you can do that yourself (and this might be the problem).

For cameras based on the Philips chipsets (Philips, most Logitech),
there are "user" defaults which are stored in flash on the camera.

If you open the video settings dialog, and go to the "general" tab in
the "IOXperts" panel, you'll see 3 buttons at the bottom under the
"Settings:" label: save/restore/defaults

Hitting "Save" will save whatever the current setting to the cameras
"user defaults" which are used to initialize the camera whenever it's
opened.

"Restore" will reset all the camera controls to the last settings you saved.

"Defaults" will restore the camera to its factory settings (and save
them as the user settings).

So, first try restoring the camera to its factory settings and see if
that helps -- if not, make the changes you want and then hit "Save"
-- that should fiz your problem permanently.

If you thing the factory settings are way off, I can look into
overriding them in the driver.

HTH,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476