Driver stopped working...

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Sun Oct 8 10:36:34 EDT 2006

At 10:30 AM -0400 10/5/06, Bob Matsuoka wrote:
>Sounds odd, I know -- I had it working on Tuesday, but after
>rebooting, the driver was no longer recognized and had to reinstall.
>I ran the uninstaller, reinstalled, rebooted (a few times).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no case where uninstalling and
reinstalling the driver will do anything but waste your time. :-)

The installer will move any old versions it finds to the trash.

If the camera isn't being recognized, installing the logging version
of the driver and sending us the logs will provide us some
information.

>Now the driver shows up in my EvoCam video source settings, but the
>tab greyed out, and when I select the driver as the source, I get
>the beach ball for a few minutes (which happened before), but then
>the driver is unselected.

If the tab is grayed out, that means the IOXperts driver isn't the
current video source.

When you get a beach ball, open "Activity Monitor"
(/Applications/Utilities), select the application in question (which
should be red in the list) and choose "Sample Application" -- this
will provide information about where the application is spending CPU
time.

>I have an iMac Intel 20" Core Duo, 2GB RAM, Logitek Quickcam
>Notebook Pro (black)

There are some firmware issues with various versions of the newer
Logitech cameras (there are some controls that they don't implement
correctly) -- if you send me a log of the problem, it would be
helpful.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572