mic support on Quickcam Fusion

Chris Catalano catalano2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 09:21:27 EST 2007

Steve,

It seems the only way I can get a response from you is
to post to the list.  I've sent 2 replies back
regarding your note to me on this issue, but I have
not heard back from you.
There is nothing on the box or in the user manual or
on the Logitch website that says that this camera is
"USB Audio Class compliant".  Further it doesn't show
up in the Sound Input preferences pane under OSX.  I
distinctly remember in a message from either you or
someone else at IOXperts from about 6 months ago that
said that you needed to write some specific code to
handle the microphone because of the way Logitch
designed this particular camera.  Can you please
clarify once and for all whether or not this is
something you are addressing.

Thank You,
Chris

>Let's see if you can read between the lines:

>If you look at the descriptors of the camera, you'll
notice that the
>Mic is declared as USB Audio Class compliant.

>That means it is directly supported by the Apple USB
Audio Class
>driver, assuming that it complies with the USB Audio
Class
>Specification -- no 3rd party driver necessary.

>>If there are no plans to support the mic on this
>>camera can you please let me know so I can move on
>>another solution.

>If I were under NDA to the camera vendor, I might not
be able to