beta driver IOXWebcamX-1.1.2a23

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed Jan 17 13:56:56 EST 2007

At 9:34 PM +0300 1/17/07, Neville Strange wrote:
>Starting to lose my patience with this, using iBook G4 and Logitech
>Notebook Pro Skype 2.0.0.6.

The fix is not in 2.0.0.6.

>Restart machine and it does not know that a camera is attached.

That sounds like you have a new Logitech camera and the firmware has crashed.

Have you send us copies of the crash log and logs from the logging
version of the driver so that we can reproduce your problem.

>Need to reinstall the flakey IOX driver.

No need to do this -- it won't fix anything that rebooting won't fix.

>Steve you will notice that I have registered, payed for this
>software in good faith that you could get it sorted.
>
>Skype do not appear to be fixing the problem.

Can you send me a copy of any correspondence you've had with Skype on
this issue. I'm assuming that you've reported it to them since we've
identified the exact problem.

At this point there is very little I can do until Skype releases a
version of their application that calls Quicktime correctly -- what
they are doing 100% documented as Illegal.

I would encourage anyone experiencing this problem to file a bug
report with Skype -- it has been fixed, but the fix has not been
accepted in the general distribution because it it an "architectural
change".

If there are not a sufficient number of bug reports, it won't be.

If you do not file bug reports, they have no idea that there is a
problem and won't consider it worth the risk of changing the software.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476