M-2 Scalar Users

clay_baker at bodelin.com clay_baker at bodelin.com
Thu May 3 13:41:04 EDT 2007

Hi Steve,

Yes that workaround did solve the problem.  After launching
'ioxdeviced' I was able to stream video in the ProScope HR software
application.  In addition, I was able to switch resolutions between
VGA and QVGA as well as capture stills and time lapse with the
software capture button.  However, video capture was not working
properly.  Also, hardware button capture would freeze the live image
requiring an application restart to be able to stream video again.
FYI- USB Shot would crash every time during launch so it was not a
reliable test application.

Just an FYI on the ProScope HR application - it is definitely a
universal binary application.  However, since a M-2 universal binary
driver wasn't available for testing during development, hardware
button capture and video capture could not be tested on the Intel
systems.  The issues described above can most likely be resolved with
further software development.  PPC systems running the Scalar USB
microscope component and ProScope HR software work fine.

Thanks,
Clay