M-2 Scalar Users

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed May 2 23:27:54 EDT 2007

At 7:55 PM -0700 5/2/07, clay_baker at bodelin.com wrote:
>After removing the Scalar USB Microscope component from the
>Components folder, I installed the latest beta driver (1.1.2a30)
>with virtually no success.  The M-2 is only recognized by the
>IOXperts camera identifier during installation.  However, after a
>restart the camera identifier can not find a camera.

Hi Clay,

This sounds a lot like a known but with a workaround that was
discussed in detail here back in February.

What we found was that one of the daemons responsible for managing
the camera preferences was crashing for some reason when the camera
was connected at startup.

You can work around it by re-launching:

   </Library/Application Support/IOXperts/Private/ioxdeviced>

by hand if the driver is acting up -- if you're using fast user
switching, you may need to re-launch it when you switch users.

The long description is here in the archives:

<http://lists.ioxperts.com/pipermail/video-beta-discuss/2007-February/000322.html>

Let me know if that helps.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476