Test USB webcamdriver 1.1.2.a42

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Jan 7 11:59:19 EST 2008

At 12:05 PM +0100 1/6/08, Johan wrote:
>Logitech QuickCam Zoom camera is recognised but no picture, there is
>a nagscreen that I have to update as my registration is not valid
>from december 31th 2007.

If you have a date-based expiration message, that means that you
haven't been keeping current on your beta releases. Please download
the current version (currently 1.1.2a43) which was announced on this
list on 12/31.

Beta versions of the driver expire periodically to insure that
everyone is testing the current version so that any bugs introduced
during development are caught.

>Since I got my new Intel MacMini with Tiger I haven't been able to
>use my webcam, not even with the new serial I've been send. I bought
>my original  driver in october 2006 and the new mini was a year
>later. So the driver fee just lasted me a year.

If you were using your original machine and OS, it would still work
fine. Intel support is still in beta and I'm trying to get it
released -- it has taken the better part of a year to get it working.

This is our first paid update in 5+ years, but Intel and Leopard have
required a lot of work.

>Now Steve wants money again, since I have Leopard. I think I try to
>find a UVC compliant webcam, that's cheaper in the long run...

That's your right. Most developers force a paid update about every
year (or major OS release).

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476