recent Philips SPC900NC Skype issues?

David LaPorte david at davidlaporte.org
Sat Mar 1 19:22:02 EST 2008

I have a Philips SPC900NC and noticed recently that the performance in
Skype is not very good.  The framerate is horrible (when I get it at
all) and the audio often fails to initialize.  It used to work great...

There have been quite a few changes to my system in the last few weeks -
  the ioxpert driver updates, a Skype update, and the OSX 10.5.2 updates
- and I don't use my camera enough to be able to narrow it down to one
particular cause.  Is anyone else having similar problems?  I've done a
complete uninstall of Skype (prefs and all) and an "all" uninstall and
reinstall of the ioxpert driver with no change.

any ideas?  thanks!
Dave LaPorte