Quickcam Orbit AF Problems

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Mar 3 18:22:41 EST 2008

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the delayed reply -- I think your original message got
bounced by the list server due to the size of the attached picture.

>I recently bought a new Logitech Quickcam Orbit AF to use with my
>Intel based Mac Mini. It works fine with the built in driver, but I
>got the IOXperts driver so I can use the Pan/Tilt/Zoom features on
>the camera. I got it working once with the beta 43 driver, but never
>consistently. The typical behavior is that the camera initializes
>when I open a camera window (the led turns on), but then I don't get
>any video and in Skype I just get a constantly rotating beach ball.

I think that this may be a camera firmware issue and I may have a
workaround for it -- if this is the case, I may have a fix for you
shortly.

>The other weird thing is that the camera control window comes up
>with chinese (?) characters (see screenshot) even though I have the
>US English version of OSX 10.4.

We see that every once in awhile and I still have no idea what causes
it, but there's an easy workaround.

If you open the Internaltional Settings control panel on your
computer, change the default language to something other than
English, then change it back, the problem appears to be fixed
permanently.

>I've attached a screenshot (with Video Viewer in the background), as
>well as the logs I got with the logging driver (no difference in
>behavior between the logging and non-logging drivers by the way).
>
>Is there anything else I can try ?

Try the above and see if it helps.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572