Issues with coreaudiod in 10.5.2?

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Mar 7 16:54:14 EST 2008

At 6:55 PM +0100 3/7/08, Andi wrote:
>Just to mention: the limitation of bandwidth didn't solve the
>problem, I'm not using the audio stream of my camera (system sounds
>setting is 'headphone'), but coreaudiod crashes  anyway.

Thanks -- looking at some crash logs on my machine, I think I see
what's happening.

coreaudiod is loading the video digitizer in a non-graphic context
and some initialization code that's reading debug preferences is
crashing down inside CFPreferences -- not sure if this is an Apple
bug, but I'm pretty sure I know how to work around the problem.

(There's already code to prevent the video code from loading, but it
looks like I need to add a check to the CFPrefrences code to load
later)

If it's what I think it is, I'll try to get a fix up later tonight or
tomorrow afternoon.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476