Logitech Communicate STX -- no go

Bryan gruvin at gmail.com
Tue May 6 01:51:34 EDT 2008

Hello again.

Well I rushed out and bought a Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX,
seeing as it's supported by the latest beta.

Whilst my Quickcam 5000 Pro is still recognised, providing that single
starting video frame then stopping dead (as mentioned previously), the
Communicate STX is not detected at all. "No cameras"  *sigh*

IOXWebcamX-1.1.2b6
OS X 10.5.2
Product ID:	0x08d7
Vendor ID:	0x046d

% ps ax | grep -i iox
  227   ??  S      0:00.31 /Library/.../ioxsessiond -psn_0_69649
  294   ??  S      0:00.27 /Applications/.../IOXperts Camera
Identifier -psn_0_143395

I always do full uninstall, re-install and restart between version installs.

Also, where does the "Log" version of the driver log to? Nothing seems
to appear in /var/log/syslog. Meanwhile, I'll RTFM(A) :P

Thanks and keep up the good work. :D

Bryan.