Logutech AF/MP/Sphere (was: Link for New Logitech Supported Cameras)

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri May 9 22:43:39 EDT 2008

At 12:16 PM +1000 4/27/08, jed wrote:
>Hello?  See below...
>
>21/04/08 jed wrote:
>>When you say logitech Sphere/Orbit MP.
>>Do you actually mean Sphere/Orbit AF?
>>MP is a much older revision, not the latest.

Hi Jed,

Sorry for the delayed reply -- let me give you a specific answer:

All of these are supported with the following caveats:

The really old Orbit/Sphere are fully supported.

The Orbit/Sphere MP which are UVC-compilant are supported except that
hardware pan/tilt is not integrated with face tracking -- you can
move the camera manually, but face tracking can't tell it where to go
because "move right n pixels" isn't implemented but "move right a
bit" is.

For any of the AF cameras (Orbit/Sphere and others), the autofocus
function is not currently implemented and there's no UI for the focus
control (yet) -- everything else should work.

Hopefully this clears things up.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476