EyeTV

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri May 9 23:09:35 EDT 2008

Hi Paul,

You can ignore it. In the worst case, EyeTV will crash harmlessly
when you quit.

EyeTV has code in it to prevent someone from attaching to it with a
debugger which has a bug which causes QuickTime components which
require registration notification (including us) to be loaded in an
illegal context, ultimately resulting in a crash at exit because some
of our cleanup code runs after objects it depends on have been
destroyed.

We're working on a fix, but the warning and the crash, if it happens,
are harmless as the program has almost completely exited.

My understanding is that there's no problem on Intel but there's
still a crash on PPC. Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do
because we're loaded at a bad time and the damage is already done.

Anyway, we're working on it and it's harmless.

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476