[IOXperts Video-Developers] Pixel format support

Daniel Heckenberg danielh at cse.unsw.edu.au
Thu Feb 5 15:44:07 GMT 2004

Hi List,

I've been working on direct vdig capture with the IOXperts IIDC driver
(and the Apple driver).  I'm using the latest 1.1b30 driver.

I can't make the IOXperts driver return frames in '2yuv' format.  Using
the following call:
  err = VDSetCompression(	vdigCompInst,
                             '2vuy ',//'yuv2' and 'raw ' work as expected
                             0,
                             &bounds,
                             0,
                             0,
                             0);
returns noErr however the frames are returned in the default 'yuv2'
format.  If I try the same call (and surrounding call sequence with
'raw ' I have no problems.  I've tried a number of sensible settings
for the bounds including a null pointer.

The list of supported compression types reported by
VDGetCompressionTypes is:
'yuvs' , 'yuv2' , '2vuy' , 'raw ' , ' yuvu'

Any hints?

Thanks,
Daniel