Bypassing the Sequence Grabber

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Feb 6 09:43:02 GMT 2004

OK, we've been telling people not to bypass the sequence grabber in
order to maintain maximum compatibility, but it's pretty clear that:

   1) Sometimes using the SG is harder than not using it

   2) The SG is being neglected at Apple

I'm thinking that it might be time to provide some "best practice"
sample code for controlling a video camera without going through the
SG -- especially for use a a front end to real-time applications,
like video conferencing.

I haven't had time to put together a full example app, but I'll make
this offer:

If there are a couple of you out there that have applications that
would benefit from calling the vdig directly and are willing to send
me your application source (under NDA is fine), I'll write vdig
control library to support whatever applications we have and post it
as open source under a BSD-style license (commercial use OK, please
submit any improvements).

(Rob, you're a logical candidate)

HTH,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476