802.11b Driver for MacOS X 1.0.3b7 now available for testing

Mohammad A. Haque mhaque at haque.net
Sun Dec 7 21:40:31 GMT 2003

On Dec 07, 2003, at 18:15 , IOXperts Support wrote:

> We weren't able to find any hangs under 10.2.8 or 10.3.1 in our
> testing, but if there are remaining problems, please send us any
> information you can about them.
>
> There is a short time interval of a second or two after an eject where
> re-inserting the card is a really bad idea, but this is true for all
> PC Cards, and isn't under our control.  However, once the interface
> has gone away and a couple seconds have passed, reinsertion should
> work.

Ok, I think I've narrowed down the problem. It seems that the interface
doesn't go away if you have the card inserted at boot. If I boot
without the card and insert it after I have logged in, I'm able to
eject/re-insert as much as I want.

> Were you seeing a hang or a panic (a panic is the "you must restart
> your computer" screen)?

I was getting a panic at shutdown/reboot (if the interface wasn't going
away; same behavior I reported about a month ago).

Mohammad A. Haque                              http://www.haque.net/
                                                mhaque at haque.net

   "Alcohol and calculus don't mix.
    Don't drink and derive." --Unknown