[IOXperts Wireless-Discuss] Web cam driver problem with Panther?

William H. Magill magill at mcgillsociety.org
Mon Nov 10 16:31:38 GMT 2003

I'm confused....

I thought that under Jaguar, I had de-installed the I/OXperts webcam
driver and found that my Pyro FireWire WebCam continued to work with
iChatAV.

Doing clean install of Panther, I find that the camera is apparently
seen by iChatAV, but no image is generated.  (Plugging in the Camera
launches iChatAV. But the preferences does not offer a video driver.)

So I downloaded WebCam 1.1b24, installed it and rebooted.

Same effect.

Went back to 10.2.8 (installed on a different disk) ... oops no video.

In iChat beta under 10.2.8, again plugging in the camera launches the
app, and in preferences video, I see two camera options - Pyro WebCam
and ioxperts Pyro WebCam. Selecting either one results in no image.

I THINK that I had been using the Pyro with 10.2.8, but I might not
have used it since 10.2.6.
I first tried it under 10.2.8 with IOXpert 1.0.6 driver -- then
installed the same 1.1b24 version, still nothing.

Any guess what's up?

What else can look at.  (How can I verify that the camera is working,
besides with iChat? ... got a handy tool? I thought I had one but I
can't find it.)

Bill Magill

iMac 800/768 meg -Super Drive.
4 FireWire 400 drives hanging on a Powered Pyro Hub (which is where the
camera normally sits), but using the CPU port makes no difference.