[IOXperts Wireless-Discuss] Demo only! Not able to re-register

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Tue Nov 11 21:44:41 GMT 2003

At 2:21 PM -0800 11/11/03, nathan shaffer wrote:
>I upgraded from 1.0 to this release on my Powerbook G3 400 bronze
>(10.2.8) with an Orinoco Gold card.  While it installed just fine,
>opening the preference pane also came up with a "Registration" box.
>When I clicked "Register", the cursor would go into Beachball mode
>for 3-4 minutes, then nothing.  After 30 minutes, a message popped
>up - Demo over.  Figuring that upgrading didn't utilize my original
>registration, I uninstalled the 1.0.3, then reinstalled.  While it
>would work in demo mode, it certainly wasn't letting me
>"re-register".  Again, spinning beachball for 3 minutes, then
>nothing.  Demo mode.

I think we have a bug with the Purchase application on Mac OS X -- it
may be the result of a build problem.

We're going to try and post a new build tonight or tomorrow -- if
you're having this problem send a note to <support at ioxperts.com>.
We'll have have a few people with the problem verify that it's fixed
and then announce a new build.

As far as I know the Mac OS 9 build is OK -- if anyone is having
problems, please let us know.

(If you need to get work done, just re-install the old version)
Sorry for the inconvenience,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572