Not able to re-register

IOXperts Support support at ioxperts.com
Thu Nov 13 11:37:17 GMT 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, at 11:04 AM, Rob Jorgensen wrote:
> I am running OS X 10.2.8, an Orinoco Gold card and version 1.0 of the
> driver. I have hesitated to install the betas due to the the release
> notes saying that a firmware upgrade for the card might be needed.

If the card is working fine using 1.0, a firmware upgrade is not needed.

There are only two cases where a firmware upgrade is needed, and they
apply to any version of the driver:

- Intersil-based cards with firmware earlier than 0.8.3 cannot scan for
available networks
- Orinoco-based cards with firmware earlier than 6.0.0 cannot use
"shared secret" authentication (required by recent versions of the
Airport base station firmware).

Amanda Walker
IOXperts, Inc.