Not able to re-register

Rob Jorgensen robj at woh.rr.com
Thu Nov 13 14:45:47 GMT 2003

At 11:37 AM -0500 11/13/03, IOXperts Support wrote:

>On Nov 13, 2003, at 11:04 AM, Rob Jorgensen wrote:
>>I am running OS X 10.2.8, an Orinoco Gold card and version 1.0 of
>>the driver. I have hesitated to install the betas due to the the
>>release notes saying that a firmware upgrade for the card might be
>>needed.
>
>If the card is working fine using 1.0, a firmware upgrade is not needed.
>
>There are only two cases where a firmware upgrade is needed, and
>they apply to any version of the driver:
>
>- Intersil-based cards with firmware earlier than 0.8.3 cannot scan
>for available networks
>- Orinoco-based cards with firmware earlier than 6.0.0 cannot use
>"shared secret" authentication (required by recent versions of the
>Airport base station firmware).
>

>Amanda Walker
>IOXperts, Inc.

Thanks, Amanda. The card's firmware info, according to the IOXperts
pref pane, is:

PRI 4.4.1, STA 7.28.1

Can I safely assume that the STA number is the one that is relevant
to this issue? The card's firmware is new ground for me so I
apologize for acting like a noob with these questions. Based on your
comments above, I will install the beta driver and provide feedback
if warranted.

Thanks again and best regards,
Rob