WPA support forthcoming?

IOXperts Support support at ioxperts.com
Mon Jan 19 18:26:09 GMT 2004

On Jan 19, 2004, at 4:54 PM, Rob Jorgensen wrote:
> I'm using one of the original Orinoco Gold cards and I've recently
> been informed that my wireless access point will soon be capable of
> WPA. Are there any plans to add this capability to the wireless driver
> (OS X in particular)? Is it even possible? Is this strictly a function
> of the driver or do the cards have limits? I'm sorry for the novice
> level questions but I'm clueless. :p

We've been actively investigating WPA support, but we need to do some
more work to figure out which devices we'd be able to support it on, so
we don't have a real answer yet.  If we can support it at all, though,
the Orinoco Gold is likely to be on the list.  If and when we have
anything for people to test, we'll announce it on the
wireless-beta-announce mailing list.

Amanda Walker
IOXperts, Inc.