Lucent Orinoco firmware update killed my WEP & registration!

Steve Sisak (Support) support at ioxperts.com
Thu Jul 22 13:00:32 GMT 2004

Hi John,

At 4:37 AM -0500 7/20/04, John Skinner wrote:
>I have updated the firmware on my Lucent Orinoco Silver card and now
>IOXperts 802.11b driver says it's not registered any more!

Sorry for the delayed response, this is the first we've heard of this
happening, and I need to have Amanda look at it, but she's been
traveling.

>I'm going to email IOXperts support and ask if they can re-issue me a
>serial number in hopes that will fix the registration and WEP.

If you send the new unique ID (which should just be the MAC address)
I can give you a new serial number -- but you said the MAC address
didn't change.

Unless the new firmware reports a bad MAC address until it's
initialized (total guess), I have no idea what could be going on here.

BTW-My apologies for slow support responses, we lost our first line
support person to a full time job and until we find a replacement,
engineering is trying to handle support. (and write code at the same
time)

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572