lomard powerbook no link

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Thu Dec 7 09:02:09 GMT 2006

At 6:41 PM -0500 12/6/06, Bob Owens wrote:
>I have a G3 Powerbook (Lombard bronze kybd) fresh install of 10.2.8.
>I have a Westell 327w router just a couple of feet away.
>
>I just installed the 1.03 IOXperts drivers and a NetGear MA 401 PC card v2.5
>
>There is no link light on the card and no listing of the card on the
>network control panel and no networks listed on the IOXpert control
>panel.

I need to do a little research for you (I normally write the video
drivers), but it's possible that NetGear switched the chipset in the
card*.

If you can follow the instructions at the bottom of the supported devices page:

    <http://www.ioxperts.com/devices/devices_80211b.html>

And get a tuple dump of the card, we can check if anything has
changed since the last time we checked this card.

There are 3 possibilities:

1) The card identification changed and we need to tell the driver
that it's supported

2) Netgear switched to a chipset that we don't support

3) Something else

*This is a recurring problem for us: Card manufacturers will change
the chipset they're using in a card, making it a completely different
card to a driver, without changing the model name or number.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572