IOXperts Webcam Driver 1.1b26 available

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Tue Oct 28 22:40:39 EST 2003

1.1b26 is now on the ftp servers -- please note that we're rearranged
the Mac OS 9 driver into 3 downloads:

   iSight
   FireWire Webcam (all other FireWire cameras)
   USB Webcam

If you installed 1.1b25, you'll need to remove some files (see below).

This arrangement allows us to ship each driver as a single file (plus
a file for the shared QuickTime components that can be drag installed.

I think we've fixed the crash switching between multiple cameras
reported by Ben Bird and a bunch of installer/purchase related
problems, plus some problems with QuickTime 6.4.

We're pretty close to final, so please test thoroughly.

Thanks,

Mac OS X Webcam Driver (FireWire, iSight, USB):
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b26.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b26.dmg.gz>

Mac OS X IIDC Driver:
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b26.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b26.dmg.gz>

Mac OS 9 FireWire Webcam Driver:
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/DCam/Beta/MacOS/FWWebcam1.1b26.sit>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/DCam/Beta/MacOS/FWWebcam1.1b26.sit>

Mac OS 9 iSight Driver:
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/iSight/Beta/MacOS/iSight1.1b26.sit>

Mac OS 9 IIDC Driver:
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOS/IIDC1.1b26.sit>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOS/IIDC1.1b26.sit>

Changes in this version:
* Fixed problems with QuickTime 6.4 on Jaguar and Panther
* Fixed potential crash with Purchase Application
* Mac OS 9 drivers are now separate for USB, FireWire and iSight.
* Mac OS 9 users should remove old versions of the following files
from their extensions folder:
IOXperts FireWire Webcam
IOXperts FireWire Cameras
IOXperts Type 1 Camera
IOXperts Type 2 Camera

Changes in 1.1b25
* Introduction of Mac OS 9 USB support for many cameras see below for
currently list.  Remaining cameras supported by Mac OS X, will come
to Mac OS 9 soon.
* Fixed sliders to work on QT6.4
* Fixed some problems which could cause partially green video on some cameras
* Fixed problem installing which would cause cameras to show as
Philips Vesta Scan
* Improved startup of some cameras by caching values
* Fixed problem which might cause incorrect color on some cameras
* Crash quitting application after unplugging some cameras
* Fixed cropping on RGB video

Current Mac OS 9 Cameras:
ADS 1394 PYRO WebCam (API-200)
ADS 1394 PYRO WebCam (API-203)
Aiptek HyperVcam Fun USB (some)
AME CU-001
AME CU-68R
AME Vcam IEEE 1394 PC Camera (CF-2000)
Apple iSight
Ariston iSeeII
Askey VC050
Creative Video Blaster Webcam 2
Creative Video Blaster Webcam 5
Creative Webcam Pro eX
D-Link DSB-C100 (some)
Digicom Galileo USB
Dynalink Digital Camera
Ezonics EZ Cam
FirewireDirect DV WebCam
I-View NetView NV200M
Imaging Source DBK 21F04
Imaging Source DFK 21F04
Imaging Source DMK 21F04
iRez KritterDIGITAL
iRez StealthFire
LG Electronics LPC-PC20
Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro
Logitech QuickCam Orbit
Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
Logitect QuickCam Zoom
MetaControls Technologies FireView-1
Microtek EyeStar
Mustek VCAM-300
Mustek WCam 300
Orange Micro iBOT FireWire Video Camera
Pace Contour Video Camera
Philips ToUCam Fun (PCVC730K)
Philips ToUCam Pro (PCVC740K)
Philips ToUCam Pro Scan (PCVC750K)
Philips ToUCam XS (PCVC720K/40 only)
Philips Vesta (PCVC675K)
Philips Vesta Pro (PCVC680K)
Philips Vesta Scan (PCVC690K)
Pinetron Green Eye
Plustek OptiCam 500U
Point Grey Research FireFly IEEE 1394 Digital Video Camera
Samsung AnyCam MPC-C10
Samsung AnyCam MPC-C30
Sotech Afina Eye
Sun Microsystems 1394 Kit
SuperCam WonderEye
TCE Netcam 310 USB
Tekcom TekCam 10/ECP
Tekcom TekCam 10/USB
Terratec Terracam USB (some)
Timlex WonderEye
Trust Sp at ceC@m 100
Trust Sp at ceC@m Lite
Unibrain Fire-I Digital Camera
Unibrain Fire-i400 Industrial Camera
Utobia USB Camera
Zoom CU-68R
Zoom ZoomCam 1595
Zoom ZoomCam 1596

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572