Installation and the Camera Identifier App

Barney Hilken b.hilken at ntlworld.com
Thu Feb 17 12:36:26 EST 2005

> 1) Should the camera popup be replaced with a list view of all the
> currently attached cameras?
Yes. This would be much clearer.

> 2) The list of cameras should update as cameras are attached and
> removed.
This would be nice, but I could live without it.

> 3) Our thought is to have at least these buttons in the dialog:
> Register, Apply, and Save.  Does this make sense?
It is not clear whether each button applies to all cameras, or only to
the selected one. The popup needs to be arranged so as to make this
clear.

> 4) Eventually, we may want the Identifier app to become a more general
> managment application.  Should there be a separate identifier app for
> the installer.
> 5) Does it make more sense to launch the identifier app from the
> installer or should it
> be launched any time an 'unidentified' camera is attached.
Launch it when any new, unidentified or unregistered camera is
attached. If this is immediately after installation, that's fine.

As I suggested earlier, if you have several identical cameras and want
to give them different names, a preview window so you can tell which is
which would be helpful.

Barney.