M-2 Scalar Users

clay_baker at bodelin.com clay_baker at bodelin.com
Wed May 2 22:55:50 EDT 2007

Hello all,

After removing the Scalar USB Microscope component from the
Components folder, I installed the latest beta driver (1.1.2a30) with
virtually no success.  The M-2 is only recognized by the IOXperts
camera identifier during installation.  However, after a restart the
camera identifier can not find a camera.  After several uninstalls
and reinstalls, I was finally able to get the camera identifier to
see the M-2 once.  With that one success, both USB Shot and ProScope
HR software were able to see the M-2 connected and display an image.
However, both applications became unstable and crashed.  I was never
able to get the camera identifier to see the M-2 again in several
driver uninstalls/reinstalls.

Machine: Intel iMac 1.83 Core Duo
Mac OS X: 10.4.9 + all the latest updates

I haven't tested the IOXperts beta drivers since 10.4.8 where I had
better success with the beta release 1.1.2a26.  Out of curiosity, I
uninstalled 1.1.2a30 and then installed 1.1.2a26.  However, it
behaved the same as 1.1.2a30 with Mac OS X 10.4.9.  I do know that
there were major OS and USB driver related changes made by Apple
starting with 10.4.8.  As I recall, the Scalar driver component and
USB Shot worked fine together with Mac OS 10.4.7 and earlier.

Best regards,
Clay Baker