1.1.2b14 Cameras Not Being Recognized

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Jul 7 09:00:38 EDT 2008

Hi Miklos,

Thanks for the confirmation -- BTW, please do post problems and any
workarounds to the list so that we can fix the problems and others
can use the workarounds. :-)

Based on correspondence with another user, I think there might be a
problem with the the installer not shutting down the daemons cleanly,
resulting in problems with the unix domain sockets the ioxsessiod and
ioxdevicd use to communicate.

If anyone else sees this, could you please try the following:

First, issue the following command in the terminal and save send me
the results:

  sudo ls -lR /var/tmp

(If you're security conscious, I only care about the com.ioxperts.*
directories -- feel free to delete everything else)

Now issue the following 3 commands and reboot:

  sudo killall ioxsessiond
  sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ioxperts.ioxdeviced.*
  sudo rm -rfv /var/tmp/com.ioxperts.dm.*

This will shut down the daemons, then delete the socket
files/directories if they were left behind. Restarting should
recreate everything.

This may fix the problem -- if not, reinstall the driver.

Report what worked and what didn't.

If this is the problem, I can fix it in the (un)installer, but I want
to confirm what I'm fixing before shooting blindly.

Thanks for the help,

-Steve