Serial number issues, but not like before.

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Sep 15 08:29:02 EDT 2008

The logs are in /Library/Logs/IOXperts -- you can send them to me directly.

Although, if you:

1) Have an old (1.1) serial number
2) Haven't tested since 1.2b19

That would explain what you're reporting as the serial number issues
were fixed in 1.2b19 and it _requires_ a 1.2 serial number (where
prior betas would work with either a 1.1 or 1.2 serial number).

If you've purchased with a beta driver since 1/1/08, you have a 1.2
serial number.

See this message for my explanation of why the error message isn't more clear:

<http://lists.ioxperts.com/pipermail/video-beta-discuss/2008-August/000595.html>

If this isn't the problem and you've got some time, I'd like to work
with you off list to figure out what's going on as:

1) I haven't had any bug reports in the past couple weeks
2) I was thinking of making b21 final so we can get a non-expiring release out
3) If QT 7.5.5 is a problem, I'd want to wait
4) If 10.5.5 is likely to be a problem, we should wait until it ships

As far as I know all of the serial number issues were fixed as of
1.2b19 and I've not received any bug reports on that issue since.

If anyone else out there is working around bugs and not reporting
them, they're not going to get fixed. Please report problems.

At the moment, the only known issues are:

1) The firmware problems with 2MP Logitech cameras (9000, AF)
2) Snapshot button on Divio-based cameras (Scalar Microscopes)
3) Problem with video not recovering from temporary hardware errors

If it's not on this list, we don't know about it and it's not going
to get fixed. (And we're considering shipping 1.2 with these since
they're hardware-specific and affect a small number of devices)

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476