Lombard_WavelanGold_Linksys Connectivity

Brian Lloyd brianl at lloyd.com
Sat Feb 18 09:38:05 GMT 2006

Darak Hollis wrote:

> My router will even show the Lombard with a valid IP, I can ping IPs,
> and domain names....but no connection with the internet. Again, I take
> it to work, and connect perfect on the older model router.
> Thanks to anyone with advice or solutions, I appreciate your time.

This sounds like a firewall issue somewhere, possibly in your router,
not a wireless problem. The fact that you can get assigned an IP address
and then ping devices that are off the wireless side of the network
implies connectivity and working name service.

You can try the "traceroute" function to see where you data stops and
then go look at the last device listed to see if it is causing a problem

--
Brian Lloyd                         361 Catterline Way
brianl at lloyd dot com             Folsom, CA 95630

"Five percent of the people think.
 Ten percent of the people think they think.
 Eighty-five percent of the people would rather die than think."
       ---Thomas A. Edison